Is fashion superficial? I like to think it is not but there is certainly a line to be drawn around the smoke and mirror’s it can create. One thing I have noticed about the blogging world is more and more people are interested in fashion posts with substance, I’m not saying this is the end of personal style posts but I feel the diversity of these blogs are opening up to feature issues that are close to the writers heart giving more value to the fashion community.
It never gets old being selected for Links a la Mode and I think if there was ever a Links a la mode stuffed with value and great content it is defointly this one. So please do give them all a read and comment on there posts, have your say, after all half the fun of writing an opinionated/commentary post is read the responses.
Superficial on the Surface
Sometimes I get mad when people assume if you like fashion, you’re automatically dumb or superficial. Then at the same time, I love looking at pretty pictures and dressing up… it’s an escape and a passion all at the same time. Obsessing over fashion doesn’t mean however, there’s nothing going on in our brains! This week, we have a great mix of the tougher questions in fashion right along with the tips and tricks that enable our superficial exterior (that’s not so superficial…. or is it?)
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- Attire Club: Criticism And Attacks On Fashion
- Corals and Cognacs: A Blogger’s Guide to Prepping for Fashion Week
- DIY Doyenne: Forget Numbers, Build Engagement
- Fashion is Evolution: 5 Fantastic Photography Books for the Creative Beginner
- Frantic But Fabulous: How to take care of your lingerie (so it lasts longer)
- Healthy Fashionista: The Fashionista’s Guide To Foraging
- Inspirations and Celebrations: 2013 VMA Best Fashion – Top 5 Celebrity Looks
- Jessydust: 2013 Trend: The Baseball Cap
- Lara Lizard: So we are superficial!
- Nicole Kelly: How to recreate an outfit
- Noveltie: Perspective: Current State of Fashion Bloggers
- Mr. Walk & Talk: My Top 10 Tips for Smarter Shopping
- Runway to Style: The Fall 2013 Designer Collaborations Worth Knowing
- Savage Gem: Honest by ‘Transparency’
- The In Club: Religion and Fashion- Friends?
- The Neon Blonde: 18 Fashion Tips I Wish I Had Known Before I Was 18
- The Style Enigma: The LBD In The Workplace Dos and Don’ts
- The Well Appointed Catwalk: Armani Diapers and Other Designer Crossovers
- We Are Ready Made: Conformity is the Language of Corruption
- Who’s Aalo? DIY: Shooting “White Polar Night” OOTD
Let me know which ones you enjoyed reading.